How can my business benefit from renewable energy?
There are many renewable energy options now available, each with their own unique benefits and advantages.
Biomass and Solar Thermal are currently eligible for generous cash-back payments under the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme. Solar PV is eligible for grants under the Feed In Tariff.
Not every type of renewable technology is suitable, so please choose an example from the menu on the left for more in-depth information.
Biomass for Business Customers
Many commercial biomass boiler installations are eligible for direct payments under the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
The RHI can give payback times on boiler installation of 2 - 2.5 years.
As the scheme lasts for 20 years, your business could effectively have free heating for over 17 years! In many cases you may even be left with a small surplus after buying fuel.
Solar Thermal for Business Customers
Many commercial solar thermal installations are eligible for direct payments under the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
The RHI can gives a payment for each kW of energy produced to heat water.
If you have business premises with hot water requirements, a solar thermal system could provide free hot water and a cash-back payment for up to 20 years.
Solar PV (electric) for Business Customers
Generate free electricity and earn cash-back through the Feed in Tariff Scheme
- Solar panels fitted to the roof
- Generate free electricity for household use during the day
- Receive a payment for each unit of electricity generated
- All income is index linked and tax free
- Payments guaranteed for 25 years
Heat Pumps for Business Customers
Use residual heat from the outside air
- Absorbs heat from the outside air to use indoors
- Good for underfloor heating and lower temperature radiators
- Easily fitted - looks like an air-conditioning unit
- Offers savings over oil, electric and LPG
- Attractive options for new-build and renovation projects
Currently air source heat pumps are not eligible for payments under the RHI scheme.